Things to see & do
To enter the park, purchase a 7-day pass for a fee of $35 dollars per private vehicle or per family (up to 5 persons). No need to wait in line to purchase the pass. The Pass is now available at Flanigan’s. It is non-transferable, non-refundable and may be upgraded during the 7-day period to the $85 Annual National Parks Pass for entry at any National Park. Visit the Zion National Park website for more updated information and trail maps.
“The Narrows” is the most famous river walk in all of the national parks. This follows the winding Virgin River—the last free-flowing river on the Colorado Plateau. Hike the strenuous “Angel’s Landing” trail to a magnificent viewpoint with thousand-foot dropoffs. Or, enjoy any of other other hiking trails in the park.
Quick Trail Details
Indicated mileages and times are figured for round-trip.
Additional detailed maps and information, including a
‘Virtual Hike of Angel’s Landing’ may be found at the Zion National Park website
Easy Walks in Zion
- Weeping Rock Trail: CURRENTLY CLOSED Walk to a spring and “hanging garden”.
0.5 mi/0.5 hr
- Canyon Overlook Trail: Walk up a natural path to a canyon viewpoint.
1 mi/1 hr
- Lower Emerald Pools Trail: easy paved walk to a waterfall.
1.2 mi/1 hr
- Pa’rus Trail: Walk or bike along the Virgin River. Level and paved.
3.5 mi/1.5 hr
- Riverside Walk: Follow the river up the narrowing canyon.
2 mi/1.5 hr
Moderate Hikes in Zion
- Middle and Upper Emerald Pools Trail: Walk to pools and waterfalls. Caution!
2 mi/2 hr
- Watchman Trail: Walk to a viewpoint of the lower canyon.
2 mi/2 hr
- Riverside Walk/Gateway to the Narrows up to Orderville Canyon: Wade up the river to explore the Virgin Narrows, weather permitting. Winter hiking with proper winter gear is a recommended experience.
2 mi/1.5 hr
- Sand Bench Trail: A loop trail to a pinyon-covered plateau.
7.5 mi/5 hr
Strenuous Hikes in Zion
- Hidden Canyon Trail: CURRENTLY CLOSED Fairly strenuous hike to a hanging canyon.
2 mi/3 hr
- Angel’s Landing Trail: Hike up Walter’s Wiggles to Angel’s Landing.
5 mi/4 hr
- Observation Point Trail: ACCESS FROM UPPER EAST SIDE ONLY Hike across meadows and slickrock to a fantastic view.
8 mi/5 hr